FCU Checking Accounts
Have it all - Value and Interest-Bearing Options
Avoid the high fees other financial institutions charge and open a truly free checking account with FCU today. We’ve listed the features of each account below so you can choose the account that best fits your needs.
Features and Benefits of FCU Checking Accounts
Enjoy no maintenance fees on checking accountsOpen an Account
No minimum balance required to keep account activeOpen an Account
Use your debit card to pay for purchases or access ATMsLearn More
Surcharge-free ATM access nationwideLearn More
Your Options at a Glance
At Florida Credit Union, we know our members have different lifestyles and financial needs. That's why we let you choose how you get to save and spend… choose from our two value-packed checking accounts.
Our Most Popular Account
- Free bill pay
- Free Visa® debit card
- Overdraft protection
- Free first box of checks
Perfect for high balances
- Competitive interest-bearing rates
- Free online and mobile banking
- Free bill pay
- Free Visa® debit card
- Unlimited free checks
Bank with FCU Anywhere
Get easy access to your account with FCU Anywhere online and mobile banking. Download the FCU mobile app from the Android & Apple stores.
- View balances
- Mobile check deposits
- Set up alerts
- Electronic Bill Pay
- Use Pay-A-Person1
- View eStatements
- Access budget and savings tool
- Transfer funds to internal and external accounts
Get Started Today
FCU Overdraft Protection
We don’t think you should ever have to worry about insufficient funds. Overdraft protection is a pre-arranged coverage for any overdrafts approved by FCU that may occur based on your actual or available balance. We offer several options designed to protect you from budget miscalculations and NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) fees2.
- Transfer from a regular savings: Link your checking and savings accounts so you can transfer money from savings to cover checks and debit transactions.
- Coverage through a personal line of credit account: Your checking account can be directly linked to your personal line of credit, allowing you to automatically cover checks or debit card transactions.
- Bounce-free checking protection: With bounce-free checking protection from FCU, you can avoid the high fees and hassles that come from insufficient funds. If you overdraw your account, FCU will cover your checks, ATMs or point-of-sale transactions, and electronic transfers (ACH)3 to ensure your transaction goes through. There is a small fee.
Switching is Easy with ClickSWITCH®
Switching your checking account from one financial institution to another can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be with ClickSWITCH®. Easily move recurring payments and direct deposits with the click of a mouse. ClickSWITCH® is fully automated, convenient, and takes as little as 10 minutes to set up.
ATM Access and Rebates
There are countless other ways to access and save money with a checking account at FCU:
In addition to accessing any of the 13 Florida Credit Union ATMs, use your Visa® debit or ATM card to withdraw funds for free at any of the Publix Super Market-affiliated Presto! network ATMs. With the Pulse Network, you have access to 400,000 ATMs nationwide. Under our rebate program, most ATM fees will be refunded4.
Your employer's payroll department or Government Agency will need the credit union's Routing Number (263178410) and the account number where you want your paycheck deposited into. To find your electronic payment account number, log in to your account, select which account the money will go in, and click or tap view details. You can also give us a call - we're happy to assist you!
1. Pay A Person electronic payment available with Bill Pay.
2. Charges and limits will apply. As a condition of overdraft protection coverage, the account balance must be brought to a positive balance every 20-day period. While FCU will typically pay overdrafts on accounts in good standing, payment is a discretionary courtesy, and not a right or obligation. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, or you are not making regular deposits, or you have too many overdrafts. FCU may, in our sole and absolute discretion, cease paying overdrafts at any time without prior notice of reason or cause. Please review important disclosures in the Membership Agreement. Refer to the FCU Fee Schedule for more information.
3. Continued enrollment subject to approval and subject to change. Checks are paid as long as Bounce Free limit has not been met or exceeded. A charge per bounced check or overdrawn withdrawal at an ATM and/or point-of-sale or ACH will apply. Refer to the FCU Fee Schedule for more information. Once enrolled, you may opt out at any time. Please review important disclosures in the Membership Agreement. Refer to the FCU Fee Schedule for more information.
4. Offer good on all Florida Credit Union Checking and Savings accounts. Transactions must be made in the United States, and not valid on cruise ships, casinos and international transactions. Must submit receipts within 90 days of surcharge for rebate to be processed. FCU transaction fees may apply. Receipts can be mailed to: P.O. Box 5549, Gainesville, FL 32627; please include account owner's full name with receipt(s).