Serving members since 1954
- Join online, by phone or at an FCU branch
- Enjoy a full range of banking services
- Benefit from our financial technology
Member Owned. Community Proud.®
Established in 1954 as a state-chartered credit union for teachers, FCU was originally named the Alachua County Teachers’ Credit Union, and was owned and operated by teachers working in the Alachua County School System. After the first annual meeting in 1955, FCU began to add more school systems, community colleges, and other educational groups in the area, which helped grow and improve the credit union’s offerings.
Over 60 years later, FCU is now a leading credit union in North and Central Florida that serves 48 counties, and continues to expand its products and services while striving to ensure each and every member’s financial needs aren’t just met – they’re exceeded.
Since FCU is owned by our members, not stockbrokers, our profits go back to FCU members in the form of better rates, advanced technology, and a rich legacy of giving back to the communities we serve.
Contact or Visit your local Florida Credit Union branch today to learn more about our personal and business banking and loan services, investment capabilities, and financial education tips and tools.
We look forward to showing you the FCU Difference.
Our Mission: Florida Credit Union will serve our members and communities with efficient, convenient services and quality products that meet their everyday and long term financial needs.
As a member of Florida Credit Union, you are a co-owner of one of the strongest credit unions in North and Central Florida. Since we are a not-for-profit organization, you, the co-owners benefit from lower or no fees on products and services, lower cost on loans and higher rates on savings and CDs.
We offer all the services you would expect from a banking institution with the many extras that come with being a FCU member:
- Full-service branches and ATMs (which are surcharge-free for members)
- Internet & Mobile Banking platforms to stay connected with your money anywhere, anytime.
- check balances and transactions
- make payments using bill pay, person to person or person to business payments and transfers
- transfer funds
- remote deposit checks
- view credit card transactions (not available through the mobile app)
- apply for a loan
- Great services you can expect from your credit union
- Free checking accounts
- Commercial banking services
- Commercial loans
- Low-interest mortgages
- Car, Truck, Boat, and motorcycle loans
- Online and mobile banking
- Personal and business Visa credit cards
- And much, much more!
- Deposits are federally insured for up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, a government agency.
Florida Credit Union follows these seven cooperative principles in everything we do:
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Member economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Informational education and training
- Cooperation among cooperatives
- Concern for the community
These seven principles, and our continued commitment to providing our members with the best financial services possible, is what constitutes the Florida Credit Union Difference.
Remember, the real difference between Florida Credit Union and other credit unions lies in the nature of our organization:
- FCU is a financial services cooperative – that means we’re owned by our stockholders, or ‘members’, and are committed to supporting them and their needs.
- Unlike banks, FCU can’t be bought or sold.
- Our profits and earnings are invested in the needs of our membership to help ensure we provide the best banking services possible, through higher rates of return and lower loan costs.
Credit unions call their customers "members," but at Florida Credit Union there's no membership fee. Joining FCU is free. All you have to do is open a savings account with a $5 balance. That small deposit actually buys you one share of ownership in FCU!
- It's easy to join online
- Call our Contact Center at 1-800-284-1144
- Visit one of our branches in Belleview, DeLand, Gainesville, Lake City, Ocala or Starke.
Florida Credit Union is proud to announce that it has been certified as a CDFI. Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIS) share a common goal of expanding economic opportunity in low-income communities by providing access to financial products and services for local residents and businesses. CDFIs can be banks, credit unions, loan funds, microloan funds, or venture capital providers. CDFIs are helping families finance their first homes, supporting community residents starting businesses, and investing in local health centers, schools, or community centers. CDFIs strive to foster economic opportunity and revitalize neighborhoods.