Youth Savings Accounts
EARN 2% APY¹ WITH A YOUTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT
Young savers who open an account with Florida Credit Union can earn 2% APY1 on balances up to $750. Florida Credit Union youth accounts are designed to help youth get off to a great financial start with a safe and rewarding place for funds to grow.
Young savers must be aged 17 and under to qualify for these accounts.
FCU Youth Savings Accounts also come with the following benefits:
How can I teach my kids about savings?
All parents want their children to know the value of a dollar. Whether in high school or pre-school, instilling financial literacy now ensures that your child has a strong foundation for financial decision-making in the future. At Florida Credit Union, it’s about more than the perks and we’re interested in helping young savers grow more than just their money.
Take a look at the resources we’ve compiled on useful ways you can improve your child’s financial knowledge:
- 7 Lessons For Your Kids - Teach youth how to manage money with these important financial management principles.
- Allowance as a Financial Tool - This resource provides a framework for giving an allowance that children can learn from.
- "Money as You Grow" campaign - Benefit from this collection of tools and activities designed to help children develop and measure their financial capability.
Florida Credit Union protects the information privacy of our younger members. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information about children under age 13 from our website. If a person sends personal information to us through any online service and identifies himself or herself as being under the age of 13, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child or to notify the parents. We will not retain such information unless we obtain parental consent.
1. Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is effective as of 2/8/2024 and subject to change at any time. Balances $750.01 and above will earn 0.15% APY. Fees may reduce earnings. $5 share savings account required for membership. One account per qualified youth member. Membership eligibility requirements are available here.
2. $5 deposit required to open account online or earn advertised rate. No minimum balance required to keep account active.
3. Text or data rates may apply.